måndag, mars 26, 2007

My irish adventure - day one


Hello dear friends.

Since I havent "blogged" for about a week and due to the fact I have done nothing interesting what so ever since I got home.. Im just going to summarize my days on the emerald isle. (that would be Ireland).


Starting of with Saturday the 17th. A kind of rocky landing. Crap weather. I left sunny Sweden with its blue skies for this? And oh yes, a day later it was snowing. SNOWING. During the two years I lived in Dublin it snowed twice. When Im there on holiday it snows three times. Theres just one word for that and that word is CRAP. And I actually made sure to check with Heinz two days before flying out how the weather was. "Grand" he said. "Just bring a thin jacket." The fool I am I listened..



Heinz picked me up at the airport, we dropped my bag off at his house and then we left for the pub. It was, after all, Paddys day. The irish national day and the public holiday of alcohol. (not too many drunk people on the plane though - always something). I dont know why, since Saint Patrick is known for driving the snakes out of Ireland. Maybe he splattered them with booze?

Doogan and his cousin from Northern Ireland (i was quite fascinated by his accent even though Ive met him before) plus Gerry were already at the pub, theyve been drinking since 3. We got there around 6. Cant beat me and Helene Saint Patricks day 2005 though. We started drinking at 10 in the morning and by 11 at night we were absolutely wrecked.

Doogans cousin Chris



Gerry Doyler



Robert "Doogie" Doogan


The pub was pretty quite for being paddys days since its a local pub. And since Doogan and Heinz always complains about me just having one pose in photos (yes, the classic finger to pouting lips) they tried to imitate me. With lousy results. We stayed in the pub for a while and then decided to move on to somewhere more.. louder. We chose Temple bar, the most touristy area in the whole of Dublin. Not a smart move. Everywhere was packed. And I mean PACKED. Even if we could get in you wouldnt be able to stay for long since us humans are depedent on a little something called oxygen.





So we went back to Phibsboro were we got into a club. All the whiskey had disappeared from my system at this point so I was mildly amused. Two hours later me and Heinz went to Eddie Rockets instead for food.



Me and Doogan fighting about half a chip we found on the floor


During all of this I was trying to figure out what Aisling was doing. She told me she was going to go to the cinema. This quickly changed to a full night out. At three we met up and took the Nitelink home. Ah.. crazy biatch. She had a lovely doublebed. Comfy deluxe.


All in all it was a good saint patricks day. Should have been more alcohol-infused though, five whiskeys just isnt good enough. Bad Shitpit.. bad.


To be continued..

2 kommentarer:

Jexxie sa...

you drunk bitch. ska det behöva ta en hel vecka och mer därtill innan du skriver in din blogg.....fyyyy diiiig

Jexxie sa...

underhållande bilder dock