söndag, april 01, 2007

My irish adventure - part two

Henry Street

Since I skipped the sunday and monday, this is the tall tale of the tuesday (TTT - hohoho). As planned earlier, I had a hot double date by the names of Grace and Aisling. Heinz was supposed to go to college, but didnt, and later on he was supposed to go training.. but he didnt. It was for those reasons I chose the tuesday, but obviously it ended up far from my plans.

First thing we did was dropping of my bag at a weird little netcafe that kept bags up to 24 hours in a secure locker. For three fifty I couldnt really complain even though the place seemed a little odd. I had nothing of value in my bag anyway. Except my precious used underwear, of course.
When I picked up the bag later on, the guy said, in a completely serious voice, that he had sold it. Grace believed him and looked chocked. I played along.
Guy: Dont you want to know how much I got for it?
Me: I am kind of curious since nothing in it was worth... anything.
Guy: Guess.
Me: 5000 euro? or maybe 3 euro?
The guy opened the locker and pointed at my bag.
Guy: is that the one?
Me: yeah.
Me: or wait! (pointing at a bag three times the size of mine.) I want that one.
It couldve worked...

Then we went to Penneys on O´Connell street. And then to Penneys on Henry street.. and then to all the shoe shops on Henry street. I didnt actually find as much clothes as Id like, I bought a pair of jeans, a cardigan and a top. And a shitload of socks and knickers, as usual. And only one pair of shoes! I did lust for more than one pair, to be honest, but I stopped myself. I ended up borrowing 100 euro from Heinz as it was so.. it was probably for the better.


Then we went to see Becoming Jane (not my choice), about Jane Austens early days, and as always I got free tickets.. No wonder Im completely spoiled and refuses to pay for tickets here in Sweden. I actually had three people at once offering to get me free tickets! Aisling and Grace says that it feels like walking in to the cinema with a celebrity since I get such a special treatment.. thats the only good thing about being known as "Crazy Swede Lennebo".

Cineworld.. a world of.. cine?

Yes, Grace is amazing. Amazingly scary-looking.

And with shame in my heart I have to admit that we went to McDonalds four times that day.. once for breakfast, once for a cup of coffee while waiting for Aisling, once for dinner and once for post-cinema coffee. The last time was the best of the visits, we had alot of fun turning a discusting donut into a modern work of art. AKA a total mess. Half a donut + sugar + used teabag + wooden stick = modern art. I will let the pictures speak for themself..


Artwork by; Fools.



Drink coffe; do stupid things faster with more energy.

Stupid things.



And then I went home with Aisling after teasing Grace about it just being me and Aisling in a comfy doublebed, all cuddled up.. Lets call it Aislings revenge for being banned from the bed when they were over in August.




Aisling "Silly hat" Ryan

Yes.. and thats the story of my irish adventure. On the wednesday I just roamed town and went to the cinema, again, and on thursday morning I took the flight home. Ah, it was five good days. Hopefully it wont be another four months until I fly over.

Over and out.

1 kommentar:

Jexxie sa...

great pics